Monday, October 11, 2010

Why the blog?

I came up with this idea for the blog because I always see my friends (and I've done it too) post their favorite recipes or deals they score on their personal blogs.  I didn't want to clutter my personal blog with all those things, hence this blog. 

Anyway. I was fortunate enough to get married this year. Wait... don't stop reading! Getting married brought a set of challenges I didn't anticipate.  Last year, I was working as a teacher on full salary making just over $40,000 a year (with benefits).  Because of the economy, I am a part-time sub making $85/day at a job 40 miles away from my house.  That's quite an income reduction... and it is really hard living on so little...

But, it can be done! And it is rewarding each month when we come under budget! It's almost like a competition to see how little we can spend... yet still have fun.

I've had to change my ways over the last few months to accomodate our measly little earnings but I wanted to use this blog as a platform to share my tips... just in case I can help someone else out.  I am going to share my budget tips, shopping tips, and recipes I use (only the good ones)... and anything else I see fitting! 

I welcome any comments or suggestions.  Hope you enjoy!